Friday 4 January 2013

Peak District - Kinder Scout - Northern Edge

I don't usually have favourites but there is one place that I can never get out of my mind, that place is the forestry plantation in Lady Clough. I'm a sucker for a pine forest and this one in particular is one that I day dream about while at work. I know this type of forest isn't native to the area, I know some say the pine is a blot on the landscape, I just can't help falling for the serenity and the relaxing feeling down there by the river.

As always we arrived at the car park at Birchin Clough bright and early ready for another great days walking. We got kitted out in cold weather gear and headed over the snake road then down in to the forest.

More Images and Words coming soon.







20130124-092922.jpg

3 comments: